Social Justice Nonsense is something I really needed to do for many reasons.
Basically, I feel like I fit in nowhere on the internet, and I’m hoping this blog will bring like minded folks 😀
First of all, I gotta make one thing clear. I’m not a conservative in any way and generally have little tolerance for right-wing garbage. I’m extremely liberal. I’m so sick of the idea that to be liberal means that you need to be ridiculous. I’m liberal because of issues that matter, and in spite of issues that don’t. I resent how many things I hate about the social justice movement. I used to reserve my wrath for conservatives, but no more.
Stuff I care about, not exclusive and in no order (none of these are in order, k?):
- Civil rights
- Religious rights
- LGBT* rights
- Equal rights between men/women
- Animal cruelty
- Abortion and contraception education and access
- Workplace inequality
- The wage gap
- The rich ruining everything
- War issues
- Drug legalization
- America playing world police
- Scam artists and charlatans
- Welfare rights
- Living wage
- Drug rehabilitation
- Universal health care
- Obesity epidemic
- Victim blaming for rape victims
- Education does not equal intelligence
- Free speech
- Reasonably priced post-secondary education
- Homeschooling rights (that was me!!)
Stuff I think is usually overdramatic as all fuck in most cases of people bitching about it:
- “Cultural Appropriation” unless it’s people wearing headdresses and such
- Racism jokes
- Slut shaming (nope, slut shaming and victim blaming are not the same!)
- Sexist jokes
- Thin Disney princesses
- ‘White privilege’
- ‘Male privilege’
- ‘Cis privilege’
- Checking your privilege in general, actually. Read: shame yourself for being ‘normal’ or ‘average’
- Special snowflakes
- Assuming all POC have an innate telepathic connection to world racism that enables them to know everything about oppression, and that no white person ever will understand racism no matter how much they study it
- Third wave feminism
- Otherkin, therian, machinekin, fictionkin, whateverthefuck-kin when they act like every identity even when it’s a goddamn Pokemon is a real one
- The idea that a baby is only a baby when the woman carrying it says it is (not that it’s enforced, obviously. No one goes through 8 months pregnancy and gets an abortion unless they’re gonna get severely sick or die without doing so, but the idea is ludicrous)
- Gender inclusive shit like ‘male presenting’, ‘zhe’,’zhir’ when it’s not needed
- Ableism (unless it’s actually hurting or being mean to disabled people)
- Anyone bitching about the word ‘gipped’
- Not acknowledging biological sex as a concept, or calling it an oppressive one.
- Silly trigger warnings
- Society serving tiny minorities at the expense of everyone else
- Lots more stuff, but you get the idea, hopefully.
Stuff that pisses me right the fuck off, conservative shit notwithstanding:
- “Fat acceptance” movement
- “Health at every size” movement
- Treating white people like shit for being born white
- Slapping “identity” in front of anything makes it acceptable
- Male rape deniers
- Cigarette apologists
- People who think intent doesn’t mean anything
- People who think nothing they do with their bodies effects anything
- White people not being allowed to have an opinion or being told to ‘sit the fuck down’
- People who allow their children to be obese.
So, hopefully that gives you an idea of what posts will be here – my annoyance, anger, rants, and occasional joy over the ‘Social Justice’ community. Some conservative bullshit may be trashed occasionally as well.
NOTE: This is not really gonna be a site for disclaimers and apologies. If you are unsure on what I feel on something, say so. However, don’t assume, for example, that I dislike fat people or think they should be discriminated against. Or that I don’t believe in white privilege. Or that I think black people can be racist towards white people. Basically, I’m sick of the ridiculous level of bending over backwards the blogosphere uses with every post.
*DISCLAIMER* Just because I don’t like people bitching about white girls and dream catchers doesn’t mean I don’t believe that cultural appropriation is okay. Wearing war bonnets and other important ritual items as fashion is ridiculous. I’m not disagreeing with cultural appropriation, but with the idea that anything the ‘appropriated’ culture deems oppressive MUST BE oppressive with no other evidence, thought or reason. That is all. PS I don’t advocate racism and yes we need to be more educated as a society and learn about for example Native American cultures.
I do believe all of those things. But I’m not spelling it out for you. If I’m confusing, ask me! But don’t assume that excluding something means agreeing.